Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Of Obama and Lipstick

There's a faux "controversy" about Obama using the phrase "you can put lipstick on a pig; it's still a pig".

I think its pretty obvious where I stand on the election, and how I feel about BO. But this is just silly. Had Palin not made the hockey mom/pit bull joke, I don't think this would even flicker on the meter.

Here's what Obama said:

Let's just list this for a second. John McCain says he's about change, too. Except -- and so I guess his whole angle is, "Watch out, George Bush, except for economic policy, health-care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy, and Karl Rove-style politics. We're really gonna shake things up in Washington." That's not change. That's just calling some -- the same thing, something different. But you know, you can -- you know, you can put lipstick on a pig; it's still a pig.


Here's the video... you decide:


It's ordinary campaign stuff, with a side order of the usual Obama sputter/stutter.

Lighten up people.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Yeah, that was my first reaction, too. But after re-watching that video of him slyly flipping the bird to Hillary, I'm thinking everything he says and does during a public appearance is carefully calculated, sputters and stutters included.

The lipstick on a pig remark was pretty crafty because it is an old saying and lends itself well to plausible deniability.

I've thought poorly of Obama for months for a lot of political and philosophical reasons, but I didn't think of him as a nasty little prick until now.