Sunday, September 7, 2008

2008: Over before it began...




I am a congenital Patriots fan. Not a band-wagoner... Back in the day I thought Steve Grogan was a genius... But it was Tom Brady who brought the Pats to great heights... Setting the record as the only team in NFL history to go 18-1 and not win the Super Bowl.

Today the Pats won 17-10 over the Chiefs. It may be their last win. Brady has torn the ACL in his left knee... And we were all worried about the right foot....

But maybe it wasn't the ACL, but a broken heart that brought mighty Tom down.

2 comments:

Eric said...

It's true...I remember that Pats jacket you had back when you were, like, 14 or something. Gonna be a loooong season for the Pats. Of course, as a 'skins fan myself, I'm not much better off.

Mark said...

Actually, of even longer standing... I had a Jim Plunket card... the only football card I ever kept. Then the Patriots rain... PONCHO. I think I brought it to school twice, before a wedgie made me realize that only infantrymen can get away with wearing a poncho....