Thursday, September 25, 2008

Best Baseball Play ever

I'm a congenital Red Sox fax, but I'm also a baseball fan. I do remember this play... It was on the news... It was early in the `76 season, and as a nine year old I did not realize that the `75 series would be a high water mark for years to come... but I digress.

One flag, two creeps, and a hero:



While on the subject of baseball and heroes... Nolan Ryan. A legend and a real man. In 1993 Robin Ventura was starting his 5th year in the majors. Ryan was ending his career, after 26 years (plus a few innings in 1966)... Ryan hits Ventura, and young Robin thinks he can rush the mound.

Ryan owned Ventura:



And I just realized after all of these years... Ryan used his pitching hand. It's a wonder Ventura survived.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Wow...I remember when that happened back in '76, but I'd forgotten about it until now. Great video clip.